Skip to content
Dos for leaders of change
- Do be transparent
- Do include people and be inclusive
- Do give people choice
- Do share what you know
- Do celebrate people (leavers especially)
- Do plan people’s first day and onboarding (set them up for success)
Dos for those impacted by change
- Do turn and face the strange! Find out more, get in front of it, inform yourself
- Do share your knowledge willingly and openly (especially in acquisitions)
- Do be happy for those when they leave your team
- Do cut your losses and leave. It’s just not worth it.
- Do wait a little while before you upgrade software!
- Do give yourself time and space to build your coping mechanism and acknowledge the change
- And one don’t – don’t be afraid.
- Change is scary
- Change is inevitable
- Change can lead to opportunities
- You control more than you think you do